Homemade Reed Diffusers

How do you make reed diffusers at home? I love them but they can be expensive for the whole house.

Linda from Lewes, DE

I take a pretty bottle and add a few drops of perfume oil and some water. For the reeds: I buy wood skewers and clip the pointed ends off. I have the scents I love and each diffuser costs less than 50 cents.

Wow, Linda! You must have read my mind ... lol I was thinking that I wanted to find a way to make my own reed diffuser today. Here's is a site that I found: http://www.bigbigforums.com/arts-cr ... 825-make-your-own-reed-diffuser.html I hope it works for you. Now, where to find reeds in the Netherlands....lol (for me)

http://www.sfherb.com/ This is a wonderful store that sells almost everything you need to make reed diffusers (reeds, essential oils, carrier oils, etc.). They also sell ingredients for potpourrie & other things & even supply the recipes. I love their spices & nuts. The walnuts are halves, not little pieces & are the freshest.

I buy small jars at the dollar store, nice smelling liquid pot-pourri and cut the pointed end off bamboo skewers. If you need to fill in the top so it's not so open, use a cork and either poke the skewers through or cut a large hole in the middle. Costs about 1/8th of the packaged diffusers and you can use any "flavor" of liquid.

Reed diffuser and violets.
Homemade Reed Diffusers
Make Your Own MiscellaneousSeptember 22, 2008
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes