Recycle Sheets and Clothing

Use all materials from sheets to clothes to recycle into smaller items. Buttons and zippers can be reused. When they are worn out, use the fabric for cleaning rags.

By Bev Sobkowich

Also reuse the elastic. Even if it's lost some of it's stretch it's still great for tying up plants & boxes that are full to bursting.

Our back outside door doesn't shut too well . I have a piece of elastic tied to the circuit breaker box door just inside the house . I wrap it around the outside door handle & shut the inside door on it when it's stormy & windy outside . I know this has helped keep that door on the house several times & I've used another piece to tie it open several times when things like furniture & or appliances have had to come or go through that door.

My husband brought home a wax rag his mom had made him from flannel nightgowns. basically she took a flannel fabric cut about 6 (12x12) squares, then stacked them all together and sewed down the middle of it. which made 12 surfaces front and back to wipe wax on and off the car with.

He says they have always had one because instead of using a big towel or a bunch of smal towels to apply wax and take it off, he can use a sponge to apply the wax and the soft flannel to remove it and since it's in a small size it's easy to use.

Crafts Recycled CraftsAugust 23, 2004
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Keeping Sheets on the Bed
Keeping Sheets on the Bed
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets