Removing Sticky Price Label Residue on Boxes

How do I remove the sticky residue off of box items that had a price label on it? I get the price label off, but then it is sticky on the box.

By Lana from Des Plaines, IL

Rubbing alcohol will do it. You can also buy products that will remove sticky marks. You do have to work at it, it doesn't just instantly come off.

WD40 is a miracle worker here. I'm 70 years old ad have been fighting this problem almost all of my life. A good, beautiful container that I would love to re-use but because of the gooky build-up over where the sticker was - I wont. When I read (don't know where) I've tried it on various things and it works in about 20 minutes. If there's still residue - do it again.

A little blob of peanut butter will work. Just let it sit for a little while so the oil saturates the sticky stuff. I find it works as well as the store-bought stuff without the smell or chemicals. If there's any sticky left after the first application, give it another round but one try usually works for me.

Also, keep in mind that if you use a chemical type remover on a plastic surface it can damage the plastic and leave a permanent dull spot. I learned that one the hard way!

You can also sprinkle a bit of talc or baby powder on it.

Try nail varnish remover.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 1, 2011
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans
🎉
🎄