Runaway English Ivy

I have a challenge for anyone, I planted the "English ivy" type vine for ground cover and it's taking over my house and choking out my plants. We did pull it out by the roots at one time, but it's back and now I want to get rid of it without hurting my plants which I might just dig some of those up and relocate. Can anyone help me? Thanks for your consideration in advance.

By PJ from Salem, MO

Choose areas away from your plants you want to keep. Spray Round-up on Ivy, it kills the roots. So it will eventually kill all of the ivy.

I had a large expanse of ivy taking over. I used the lawn mower and weed wacker to cut it as short as possible. Then I laid landscape material and landscape rock over it. No more ivy!!!