PastasRecipes

Pasta Pierogie Shells

I love Pierogies, however they take so long to make. I did find a recipe that I enjoy! It is easy and delicious. Hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients

• 51 (about 2 boxes) Jumbo Pasta Shells
  • 2 packages (32 oz. each) refrigerated mashed potatoes*
  • 4 cups (shredded) cheddar cheese

*or make your own the day before you make this recipe.

Directions

Cook shells according to package directions. I do not cook my shells completely through as they break too easy and are hard to stuff, so just a little on the not completely cooked side is best. When done, rinse in cold water. Warm potatoes or cook packaged ones. Add cheese, mix well and stuff shells. I like to add paprika on top, paprika always gives food a special look! Add salt and pepper as allowed.

You can add so many things to this; such as cooked bacon broken up or ham cut into small pieces. Also you can use different cheese. Even small pieces of carrots or veggies for something healthful.

Cook for at least 1/2 hour at 350 degrees F in 2 greased 13x9 inch pans. Check to see if veggies are cooked and everything is cooked the way you like. The time is different when you add things but I have found 30 minutes to be it for baking.

Note: You may find that I leave salt and pepper out of a lot of my recipes but I am on a salt free diet and also a pretty bland diet, so please just add what you normally would.

By Darlene from Fairview, PA