Looking for Meals for One

I live alone and hate TV dinners. I also don't like leftovers more than once. I would welcome ANY suggestions for simple meals for one.

Raggedy_Jane

I also live alone and don't have much time to plan or cook during the week. I plan my cooking and shopping on Saturday and Sunday. When I plan menus I plan time to prepare items ahead that can be frozen or left in cold water in the fridge. (chop extra chicken for stir frys etc ahead and freeze)

I'm not sure what you mean by not liking leftovers more than once. I live alone and actually plan for leftovers. Any meal I make that's more than one portion I freeze the rest in one meal portions and defrost when I fancy it - which can be weeks later. Stews and substantial vegetable soups are ideal for this. Stir frys are quick and easy, with cous cous, rice or noodles. The humble sandwich or bread roll is easy for lunch, either plain meat and loads of salad or cheese/ham and tomato toasted - can be made a bit more substantial with a mug of soup. I also like sardines or cheese or avocado on toast. For a really quick meal I like meusli, with extra nuts, dried fruit and a sliced banana, any time of the day. A cooked chicken can be used for all sorts of meals, (sandwiches, stirfrys, plain with vegetables, etc) - either a bought one or seasoned and cooked, breast down, with nothing added in the slow cooker. The resulting juice can be used as a base for chicken soup. As you can tell I'm not that interested in cooking and tend to exist on snacks but have a rule to add vegetables and/or fruit to every meal to ensure I get my quota!

Consider starting a meal exchange. Find other individuals in your area in similar situations that can make a big meal, package and freeze portions, and exchange them on a regular basis. For example, If there are 5 of you, and each one makes a meal for 5 and splits it into 5 portions then you all have 5 different meals for the week or whatever. So one could make spaghetti, one could make shepherds pie, one could make split pea soup, one could make homemade lasagna and one could make beef stew. Then poof, one night of cooking for everyone has yeilded 5 differnet meals. It isn't any more trouble to cook for more people, and actually saves time and money.

I cook whole meals and freeze them on plates. Soup, Chile and ham & beans their in bowls.

To get a good variety from a 10 lb. bag of lag quarters, in 9 by 13 pans, divided in to 4 to 6 compartments with a solid sheet aluminum foil, make several different types.

Using 3 quarters perception, will put hot sauce on 1 section, spaghetti sauce on another, Italian salad dressing on another. Lemon pepper and even a little soy sauce with the little diced onion and celery on another, this way I have several meals with only having to use dishes and firing up the oven only wants. I do have a food saver they will last for very, very long time and never get freezer burn and they don't taste like they've been frozen.

I hope this helps

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceMay 2, 2004
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat
An Asian lady eating the frugal meal of ramen noodles.
Frugal Meals for One
Woman Preparing a  Meal
Saving Time When Preparing Meals
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
🎄