Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring

I recently made the mistake of using a spray wax on my laminate floor. I also used a pad that looks like sheep's wool. After the floor dried it left fiber streak marks from the pad and now I have a floor with streaks marks that won't come off. How do I remove the wax from the laminate floor without ruining the finish?

Javier

By Javier from Spring Hill, TN

Answers

I just spent a week trying different methods for removing the buildup on my floors. I tried the vinegar, ammonia, and mineral spirits.routines to no avail. But what did work was zep floor stripper from home depot, a plastic scraper, a rag, and a sponge. I added a little more than the recommended amount in a bucket with water, and had another bucket of fresh water with a large, clean sponge. Wear gloves and dip the rag in the zep mixture, spread it in a small area, about 4x4. Let sit for a few minutes and use the plastic scraper, going with the grain of the laminate to scrape up the residue. Then use the sponge to wipe away the excess, squeeze it out and rinse the area twice with the water. I also used a fresh mop after finishing each room. The floors look great again. So don't give up hope.

This is the BEST and ONLY solution to removing wax build up from laminate flooring! I tried so many different solutions that I found and after wasting energy and money I'm so glad I came across your method to sanity before spending lots of money on new flooring. I can't thank you enough Kittu. ZEP floor stripper did the job quick and easy. THANK YOU!!!

Heavy duty floor stripper made by ZEP says not to use on wood but doesn't specify laminate. Did you use it on your laminate?

Our dark laminate flooring has a waxy coating of floor finish on it that leaves it sticky and hazy. Would you suggest using ZEP to clean it? I have never tried the product. I have tried many things and nothing works!

I did use this on laminate flooring. It worked great without damaging my floors finish. Good luck!

Did you use a sponge?

Which one specifically did you used and did you applied it and cleaned it out with a sponge?

I tried this and it worked great on my laminate that had been waxed for several years. A local cleaning company had quoted me $250/hour to strip laminate so I saved a ton of $$$$.

Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
Removing Floor Wax From Laminate Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMarch 24, 2010
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Installing Laminate Flooring
Installing Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 8:31:56 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.