AdviceCleaning

Negotiating With Yourself About Chores

On the days when I just don't feel like bailing into the "to-do" list, I negotiate with myself to accomplish at least the rudimentary stuff I have to get done. For example, if I am reading a good book or watching television, I "work" at the end of a chapter or work on the commercials.

It's amazing how much you can accomplish towards getting a house straightened up, preparation towards an evening meal or doing the laundry when you work just during the commercials. I am motivated to hurry up and get the job (or a portion of the job) done before the program begins again.

By Ronsan

Anonymous

A person after my own heart. Thank you for your ideas. If the tv isn't on with commercials, I set the timer for 30 minutes and go do what I want to do and when the timer goes off I do some housework. I finish that and then set the timer again. It's how I cook all my meals too. 30 minutes on the stove equals 30 minutes of fun.

http://www.teapotcottage.com/

LOL this is my way of getting things done too!! It is amazing the amount of things you can get done and still get to do what you want to do. This especially helps me once all the new reality shows like Big Brother 8 and Top Chef come on--I'm so hooked on some of these shows. I also will sneak in exercise--lifting small weights, crunches or walking on the treadmill during commercials.

I think this is a 5star tip :-)

Yep, I'm another one, Lets face it, women were the original multi taskers! My kids still laugh about how I would stir the custard while reading a book! Not too much burnt custard either!