Cat With Laryngitis

All of a sudden my cat squeaks when he's trying to meow. He's otherwise very healthy with no sneezing, swollen glands, or runny nose. Has this ever happened to anyone else's cat? If he's not better in a day or two I'll take him to the vet. I did call her and she said it could be any number of things.

By Cyinda from near Seattle-Tacoma

First, make sure that nothing is caught in his throat. I think taking him to the vet would be a good idea even if he stops squeaking to make sure that everything is okay.

This happened to mine a couple of times. He had eaten a bird or something that scratched his throat. The vet put him on something to keep infection at bay. He seemed much better after taking it for a short time.

Pets CatsSeptember 2, 2009
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume