Can I Freeze Canned Whipped Cream?

Can I freeze cans of whipped cream? I bought some at Sam's club and the package contained 3 cans; I only needed one. What can I do with the rest of the whipped cream?

By Rose from Malvern, PA

I don't recommend freezing aerosol cans, or any can for that matter. The contents expand when frozen and the can may burst. Use the whipped cream or give it away.

I agree with OliveOyl, the cans may explode in the freezer. If you can't use them by expiration date, give them away.

Thanks Ladies.

You can place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet; then put dollops of the whipped cream from the can on the paper and place in freezer. Once frozen, the mounds of whipped cream can be placed in a zip-lock freezer bag for future use.

I've found that the shelf life is extended quite a bit on canned whip cream. The idea of small dollops on waxed paper and freezing sounds like an idea worth trying. One of the grand daughters would be ecstatic to know she could indulge frequently. ha ha.

I have a can of real whipped cream in the fridge and mine does not have an expiration date. Just a best used by which is not the same thing as a expiration date. Mine says 7/21/10. Yeah I know that is old but I just tried it and it was perfectly fine in every way. So yes it does have a long shelf life.

Never put aerosol cans in the freezer.

I just found that my husband put the 3 cans I bought in the freezer downstairs instead of the fridge part. I put them down in the fridge but wonder if I should just throw them out. I haven't heard any explosions yet and I haven't looked!!

Freezing Whipped Cream. Making Whipped Cream
Freezing Whipped Cream
Food and Recipes Freezing DairyOctober 12, 2010
Substitute Whipped Cream
Substitutes For Whipped Cream
Whipped Cream Cheese
Making Whipped Cream Cheese
Making Whipped Cream
Frozen Whipped Topping on Blueberries
Using Frozen Whipped Topping
🎉
🎄