How Do You Flavor Regular Ground Coffee

By Rhonda 3 1

I love flavored coffee and was wondering if anyone had an inexpensive way to flavor just regular ground coffee. I know you can add cinnamon but I don't know how much to add or if you can add other stuff. So if you know please let me know, I would be ever so grateful.

By Soulegal from Three Rivers, MI

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

After I put the coffe grounds in the basket, I like to add a capful of vanilla...(French) I have lightly sprinkled cinnamon over the grounds... (Mexican). I have also used orange flavouring or dried orange zest sprinkled on the grounds. Another really tasty and easy mocha drink is to brew your coffee, put a package of instant hot chocolate in your cup, add just a little hot coffee and stir to a mud-like state and then fill with coffee. Some instant cocoa blends are better than others...try experimenting.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Add a little bit of extract (whatever flavor you like) to the brew basket. Experiment to find the flavors you like. You can also add a little bit of brown sugar to the pot before you brew the coffee. As the coffee brews, it will melt the brown sugar and you'll get a sort of toffee coffee.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vi Johnson 286 801 Flag

Do you have a Smart and Final store in your area? They have rows of bottles of flavorings used in the trendy coffee/tea houses.Davinci Gourmet sugar free syrup is one,directions on the bottle. They were about $3.99 when I bought some.They were also sold at TJ Max for about $6.00. S&F had a much larger choice of flavors.And it a makes a really nice gift for people who like that kind of thing. Just put them in fancy cloth bags,available at the 99cent store. Happy coffee/tea drinking. GG Vi

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I made flavored coffees just a couple of years ago for christmas I took one small can of coffee and add one whole bottle of Black Walnut Flaworing and half a bottle of Almond. I mixed it well and filled jars with it and let them set for a couple of weeks. Everyone that I gave them too raved. I don't drink coffee so I don't know but I figure I got to glass canisters from one can of coffee so the cost was about three dollars for the two canisters of flavored coffee.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marilyn 36 Flag

I just started doing the cinnamon in our coffee. I began with just a little bit sprinkled on the grounds & with each pot added more till I reached the right amount of flavor that we liked.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

For my 4 cup machine, I add approximately 1 - 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract to the dry grounds and then turn the machine on. Sometimes I add a few drops right into my mug instead (say, if I use a French Roast or anything other than regular).

Same goes for almost any flavored extract.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I buy whole bean coffee; when I grind it, I toss in toasted almonds and dried blueberries, then add a sprinkle of cinnamon (you can use a small piece of cinnamon stick or a few cloves) and brew. I also use dried orange zest or toasted hazelnuts and a bit of vanilla (I haven't tried using the vanilla bean itself yet). The flavor is not as intense as, say, flavored syrup, but I don't like the flavoring to overpower the coffee. I've used the ground coffee mixture in a drip-style coffee maker, a French press and a stovetop expresso maker (this last one gives the strongest flavor).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cecile 'Sasha' Colwell K. 2 Flag

After putting ground coffee into the basket, I add 1/4 t. cocoa powder per cup of coffee I'm brewing and lightly mix it in. The cocoa enhances the coffee flavor without making it overly chocolate-tasting. You might find you prefer a little more or less cocoa if you add sugar or sweetener.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesNovember 29, 2004
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
bottles of coffee syrups
Uses for Coffee Syrups
Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 10:51:43 AM on 10.0.1.121 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings