New Years Resolution

My New Year's Resolution Tip is to wait until March or April to start working on my resolution. If your resolution is to lose weight the dark, cold days of winter can be very discouraging. The anti-climax after the holidays adds to the winter blahs. Also, the gyms are always packed come January 2.

By waiting until March or April the gym is less filled and it's nicer weather to exercise outdoors. Personally, resolutions started in January usually fail, but each resolution I've started in Spring has held not only for that year but the following years also.

By Cheryl from Peculiar, MO

This is a good tip. I've made resolutions before on New Years Eve and broken them by 3pm New Years Day. A good example is my resolve to quit smoking cold turkey on New Years Day-sooo much easier said than done!

Last year I tried something different-instead of saying 'I resolve to quit smoking and lose weight on New Years Day 2012', I said 'On New Years Day 2012 I resolve to start working on regaining physical fitness and cutting back on smoking cigarettes'.

For me the key words were 'start working on'. By not focussing solely on one day as the be-all-end-all Day of Days I found it much more do-able to stick with the programme. I started off slowly by walking a little farther and more often, by not smoking in the house or in the car. I didn't feel pressured to keep my resolutions because I was 'working on' them.

As a result of the lessened psychological pressure I am more physically fit this New Years morning 2013, and in the process I've lost some weight. I've cut my smoking from 20 cigarettes to around 10-12 or so a day.

Because I find that a success, I'm encouraged and motivated to keep on it - my resolution this year is to work a little harder at the fitness, and work on bringing the smoking to a full stop by New Years 2014; hopefully over 2013 I can improve on the better habits I've developed over 2012.

Happy New Year 2013!

New Years Resolutions
Making New Year Resolutions
Holidays and Parties New YearsDecember 23, 2005
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
A girl who can't find her parents.
Teaching a Child What to Do if They are Lost
🎄