Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cutting Wine Corks in Half

For Christmas, I am going to make a bunch of wine cork trivets. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the easiest way to cut them in half. I have tried the knife and that will be time consuming.... any other ideas out there would be appreciated.

Kari

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By upcyclela08/09/2013

What's the best way to hold the cork in place while cutting it in half?

By Leslie (Guest Post)01/10/2009

I use corks a lot, and invested in a table top band saw purchased on e-bay. Makes short work of halving them and I get twice the use! I don't suggest using a sharp knife as it is time consuming and beats up your wrist :)

By dollardan (Guest Post)11/15/2007

i have an old scroll saw. It cuts corks really well.

By guy (Guest Post)04/30/2005

I bought a little coping saw in the hardware store and that seems to work just fine. When you get to the bottom, just hold the cork up in your hand and you can finish sawing in half. You can sand the cut edge with a piece of medium sand paper.

By Robert W Smith04/08/2005

Where did you find the forms to put the corks into to make the trivets?.. Please advise

By guest (Guest Post)12/04/2004

A sharp knife will do, but why bother cutting them in half? I just used them whole when I did that.

By Kelly (Guest Post)12/02/2004

Try and electric knife, the kind you carve meat with.