Replacing Outdoor Carpet

The ugly, green outdoor carpet on my front steps and porch is finally wearing out and starting to rip apart. his is probably a good thing! But how do I remove it and all of the glue that's holding it down? Should I replace it, or do I need to wait and see what condition the cement underneath is in?

By KSLausmanj from Grand Rapids, MI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I also have to replace my ugly green carpet, fortunately it is only 12' x 6'. I called my local Home Improvement Center (Lowes, Home Depot). They have carpet with a marine backing that is used on boats which lasts longer.

I got a very good price on the carpet and they told me all of the things I would need to get the old carpet up. There is a special glue remover you put on after the carpet is pulled up. You let it sit then you scrape it with a putty knife. They sell everything so I won't have to go to different places.

I would imagine you can also get glue remover at a paint store or a Walmart. You can also go to Lowes web site and search for the info there or google outdoor carpet removal. Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingApril 14, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:40:59 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.