Patio and DeckingHome Improvement

Replacing Outdoor Carpet

The ugly, green outdoor carpet on my front steps and porch is finally wearing out and starting to rip apart. his is probably a good thing! But how do I remove it and all of the glue that's holding it down? Should I replace it, or do I need to wait and see what condition the cement underneath is in?

By KSLausmanj from Grand Rapids, MI

Answers

I also have to replace my ugly green carpet, fortunately it is only 12' x 6'. I called my local Home Improvement Center (Lowes, Home Depot). They have carpet with a marine backing that is used on boats which lasts longer.

I got a very good price on the carpet and they told me all of the things I would need to get the old carpet up. There is a special glue remover you put on after the carpet is pulled up. You let it sit then you scrape it with a putty knife. They sell everything so I won't have to go to different places.

I would imagine you can also get glue remover at a paint store or a Walmart. You can also go to Lowes web site and search for the info there or google outdoor carpet removal. Hope this helps.