Removing Watermark on an Oak Table

How do I get an old water spot off a solid oak kitchen table (light wood)?

By Onesummer

You might want to view 'Restor-a-finish.... should be at Home Depot..

http://www.minksemporium.com/Demonstration.html

I just had the same problem on my teak dining table. I put olive oil on a paper towel and rubbed it in then left the towel on the spot for quite a while. It disappeared!

RE: Heat Marks on Wood Furniture

I have found the best way to get rid of the white rings from heat or moisture on furniture, I have tried with no luck using Mayonnaise, cigarette ashes, toothpaste, hot iron and towels and what I have found that works is the Mr. Clean Magic eraser dampen the eraser rub gently with the grain of the wood and then polishing as usual, I happen to like Armor All as a furniture polish, if it's not a bad white mark the magic eraser will removed it completely, if it solid white you may have to do it several times It may leave a bit of a ghost but that's still better than having a big white mark.

This was not a bad 1, you can see on the right it's gone. Now that I know how to fix them nobody's making them.

September 8, 2009 Flag

How can I remove a watermark from an oak dining table? This has been caused by a putting pottery pot with it's base onto the table. It was obviously porous and the bottom rim must have been damp. I brought it in from the greenhouse. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jan from Leicester, England

Answers:

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

Have you thought of trying an oak stain? I swiped some cherry stain over a cabinet that someone had placed a cup on and it caused a water ring. The stain concealed the mark and I just dabbed it and wiped over the whole top with a paper towel dipped in the stain. Shake can well before using though. Just let dry on its own in a well ventilated room and use a pair of gloves. (02/02/2008)

By Lorelei

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

I have had the same problem before also, I used Old English lemon oil and mine came out beautifully. You can get it just about anywhere and you might want to get some saucers or a nice plate, something to set your pot onto so the moisture won't get to the wood anymore. Good Luck!:) (02/03/2008)

By Shasta

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

Many thanks for tips. Have had some success with toothpaste but will try the other suggested remedies if the watermark still remains. (02/04/2008)

By maricia

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

This will sound crazy, but I have tried this and it works. Rub some mayonnaise on the water spot. Let it sit a while and then wipe off/ buff out. Give it a try. Good luck! (02/05/2008)

By Jayme

Removing Watermark on Oak Table

I had a very nasty white ring on an antique table. I used cigarette ashes and cooking oil. I repeated rubbing till the mark disappeared. (02/05/2008)

By SunshineRose

Water Mark on Wood
Removing Water Marks from Wood Furniture
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesSeptember 8, 2009
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
White rings left by drinks on a wood table.
Removing Drink Rings from Wood Furniture
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🎉
🎄