Removing Water Marks from Wood Furniture

How do I remove white water marks from cherry furniture?

By Beverly praszkowicz from NY

The Magic Eraser Worked! I sprayed Pledge on my 150 year old cherished handed-down oak secretary and walked away :( Huge horrific water marks occurred, went on this website went through recommendations, decided to try Magic Eraser hesitantly, since it says on label not recommended for wood, and it worked completely! What a lifesaver. Highly recommended!

I tried the mayo, and it lightened up the water marks, but they were still there. Then tried toothpaste and that helped too. I was very nervous to try the steam iron, I reluctantly tried and the marks were gone in seconds! A miracle. I'm sooo happy.

A bit of damp laundry overnight left a horrid white mark on our gorgeous timber table, followed by a thorough blaming and sulking by dear husband. An iron over a towel fixed it in a minute. Great website, thanks!

Anonymous

OMG -- towel and steam iron worked miracles!

I, too, have a cherry table that turned white as a result of a damp felt undercover that was placed on the table during a party. The great news is that with a steam iron and a white towel the moisture markings were gone!

I was very afraid to try the iron and cloth method on my dining room table but after trying everything else I decided to try it. After 5 minutes of moving the iron around the water mark was gone. Hope everyone else has the same luck as me.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesDecember 5, 2010
💘
🍀