Removing a Water Stain on Oak Table

How do I remove a water mark from an oak table?

By roger from Crete

Read More or Comment...

Top Comment

I know it sounds strange, but try taking a small dab of mayonnaise on a soft cloth and rub it in. I used this on my sewing machine cabinet that had a water ring from a glass or soda bottle. It was there for a long time as it was a second hand machine. It worked for awhile and months later I used the mayo trick again. Still looks almost good as new.

P.S. This mayo trick works of house plants leaves too, cleans and gives them a nice shine. Do not use it on African Violets.

I've read that putting baking soda on water stains will draw out the moisture and get rid of it but I've never tried it.

Use a brass or silver cleaning product to wipe away the mark,then apply a soft wax.

I over watered a plant for some time and have a 6 inch water stain imbedded in my oak table. What's the best way to remove?

By John J.

Answers

Best Answer

Did you see all the other posts on the same issue? Lots of good ideas. Using toothpaste (not gel) mixed with baking soda sounds like it might work, or maybe the magic eraser.

Both should be quite abrasive and then try the mayo or a furniture oil/cleaner like Old English.

Answer this Question

I did try to remove the white ring made by a glass of ice water left overnight on my new oak table with mayo and baking soda paste. It turned out darker. Then I tried the white vinegar with olive oil still and it still hasn't improved. Please help

By CLC

Answers

Best Answer

The best solution I have found for this problem is a product named "Liquid Gold", you'll find it right where you find furniture sprays like Pledge.

Spray Liquid Gold on the stain, let sit overnight or for a few hours, then wipe away.

Answer this Question

Can you tell me the best way to get a large water stain out of my oak table?

Katie from Vancouver, WA

Answers:

Water Stain on Oak Table

Yes, put a piece of wax paper on it and iron it. Put the iron on low setting (04/07/2006)

By Roxanne

Viewing This Page
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesMarch 4, 2017
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf99986672.tip.html