Freezing Potato Soup

Can I freeze potato soup? Is it safe?

By Peggy R.

Best Answer

Yoy most certainly can :-) Just be sure that if it is freshly made that it cools down a bit first and if it has been in your fridge for awhile just use common sense as to if it had been stored in there too long.

Thank u soOOO much...had quite a bit left over & it was soOO good...will keep it for another rainy, cold day :))))))

I used heavy cream for my soup, left in fridge and then froze for 3 weeks. After proper defrosting I heated it up and it was delicious!

It would be safe but it might separate. On the other hand it might not. Try it and see. Either way it is safe.

I tried this and it was terrible! So, I vote no. When I went to use the soup, it was very grainy.

Potato Soup
Freezing Potato Soup
Food and Recipes Freezing SoupJuly 31, 2011
Irish Potato Soup
Irish Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 6:58:48 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.