Whatever Vegetable Soup
What's for dinner? Fridge empty? Make easy soup from whatever.
- can of chicken broth
- canned or frozen vegetables
- can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
Look in pantry and freezer; see what you have.
- Vegetables: cans or frozen mixed, beans, corn, peas, carrots, or broccoli. You don't need whole packages; a handful or a cup will work.
- Broth: chicken, vegetable, beef, etc.
- Tomatoes: sauce, crushed, diced, etc.
- Water: (or more broth) Enough to make it whatever consistency.
- Spices: Fresh or dried, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, etc.
This is so simple. Put the ingredients in a pot and simmer for a while.
|Time:||10 Minutes Preparation Time|
30 Minutes Cooking Time
By Vin B. from AZ
April 21, 20100 found this helpful
Hi Vin B,
This is a great reminder of how easy it is to make good tasting and nutritious soup. It really doesn'ttake a lot of imagination either. I had to laugh as it reminded me so much of thatold Children's Story, "Stone Soup". If you've not
read it, you might be able to look it up on the Internet. It is such a good little story.
Thanks for sharing, Julia in Boca Raton, FL
April 22, 20100 found this helpful
I love making this during the winter, and sometimes I add a pound of seasoned browned ground meat to it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 8:16:13 PM on 10.0.2.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us