Be Considerate When Parking for Garage Sales

Regarding yard sales, please use kind driving and parking etiquette when attending yard sales. I cannot count how many potential accidents I have encountered.

• Preoccupied aggressive drivers zipping into a parking spot
  • Cars partially parked on a road way
  • Shoppers encroaching on neighbor's driveways or yards.

Sellers, be prepared to respond to shoppers who may ask to use your phone or restroom. You may choose to redirect them to a local convenience store.

Another helpful idea is to shop with small bills rather then twenties and fifties.

By Kathy from Western PA

Good points, and the classic one is: seller, you can close your sale when you want to by pulling your signs. After that, you've left litter with your yard sale on it!

Also, do not park on the other side of the street when there is another car on the other side of the street. That leaves little or no room for another vehicle to get through causing a bad traffic situation. This happens all the time, especially at community garage sales. (Even when there are signs saying to park on one side of the street!) This has happened to me so many times.

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

Oops - replied twice by accident. Sorry!

I try to be a considerate buyer. I leave enough space between cars and pull as close to curb as I can. I also make certain I have change and singles for when I shop! Plus a yard sale doesn't mean: pull in their driveway unless you are loading up a large paid for item; don't walk across their lawn; don't toss stuff all over just because you are looking.

How can you properly barter down an item if you only have 20s in your hand?!

Garage Sales AdviceSeptember 10, 2008
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
🎉
🎄