Parking In Your Garage

Sometimes it can be difficult to stop in just the right spot when parking in your garage. This is a guide about parking in your garage.

My garage has a work bench set up in it and all the extra doo-dads that one keeps stored. I can park my car inside when needed but there is not much space in front before the bumper meets the wall. Maneuvering my vehicle into the space required often resulted in going too far forward and tapping something not meant to be tapped!

One day I parked my car inside exactly where it should be and made a mark on the ceiling directly above my windshield. I cut a small slit in a tennis ball and inserted a string with a bead knotted at the end. I pushed the bead inside the ball and tied the other end to the ceiling using a small screw eye. Now I just pull the car into the garage until the tennis ball touches my windshield and I park perfectly every time!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Using a long string, hang a ball from the garage ceiling indicating where a new driver should stop the car. Hitting it won't do any damage to the car and it will prevent the driver from hitting something else.

By GrammySheila (Sheila Saey)

Not good at predicting how far to drive into the garage to park? Fear no more. This easy tip will help you get the perfect parking every time.

First, you will need to park your car in the position you would like it to be. For me, when I drive in and the ball hits my windshield - I could stop. Or, if I drive in slightly over that is fine too.

Now, all you need is a beanie ball or some sort of ball that has weight to it (a tennis ball will work too), strong durable string, thread and a hook.

Thread the sturdy string into the ball a couple times and knot. Then hang the ball from the string to the hook (hook will be screwed into the wall on top) in the position that will work for your cars parking.

It is a no brainer pulling into the garage. This is extremely helpful if you need a certain clearance to open your trunk, if you have a longer car and want to make sure you can close your garage without having to get out overtime to double check, and so forth.

This tip is for people like myself that runs into the wall of the garage. I've tried the tennis ball thing and it didn't work for me. So, my husband bought this "traffic light" looking wall unit that plugs into the wall. It looks just like a traffic light that has red on top, yellow in middle, and green on the bottom.

It is really great and I haven't even hit the garage wall, because it lets you know by the light when it flashes, just like in the real world. If the light turns to yellow, I keep going until the red light comes on. Then I stop. I love it. I thought he was joking when he first showed me it. But, again I haven't hit the walls yet. He bought it at Walmart for $10 in the automotive section.

By Bonnie from Norman, OK