Parking In Your Garage

My garage has a work bench set up in it and all the extra doo-dads that one keeps stored. I can park my car inside when needed but there is not much space in front before the bumper meets the wall. Maneuvering my vehicle into the space required often resulted in going too far forward and tapping something not meant to be tapped!

One day I parked my car inside exactly where it should be and made a mark on the ceiling directly above my windshield. I cut a small slit in a tennis ball and inserted a string with a bead knotted at the end. I pushed the bead inside the ball and tied the other end to the ceiling using a small screw eye. Now I just pull the car into the garage until the tennis ball touches my windshield and I park perfectly every time!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

3 More Solutions

Not good at predicting how far to drive into the garage to park? Fear no more. This easy tip will help you get the perfect parking every time.

Using a tennis ball to mark how far to park in your garage.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Using a long string, hang a ball from the garage ceiling indicating where a new driver should stop the car. Hitting it won't do any damage to the car and it will prevent the driver from hitting something else. By GrammySheila (Sheila Saey)

This tip is for people like myself that runs into the wall of the garage. I've tried the tennis ball thing and it didn't work for me. So, my husband bought this "traffic light" looking wall unit that plugs into the wall.

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceNovember 6, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Parking-In-Your-Garage.html