Tennis Ball Parking

My garage has a work bench set up in it and all the extra doo-dads that one keeps stored. I can park my car inside when needed but there is not much space in front before the bumper meets the wall. Maneuvering my vehicle into the space required often resulted in going too far forward and tapping something not meant to be tapped!

One day I parked my car inside exactly where it should be and made a mark on the ceiling directly above my windshield. I cut a small slit in a tennis ball and inserted a string with a bead knotted at the end. I pushed the bead inside the ball and tied the other end to the ceiling using a small screw eye. Now I just pull the car into the garage until the tennis ball touches my windshield and I park perfectly every time!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

I have a cousin who did this when I was a wee one and haven't thought about it for years and years! What a great tip to share with others!

My son and I have been doing that for years with two cars in one garage, but never thought to post it. Good for you!

Ingenious!

I used to have a beautiful Corvette roadster. The hoods on Corvettes seem to be 10 feet long when attempting to park in a garage!

I hung a tennis ball from the ceiling and it worked perfectly. No more bumps in the wall or accidental bumps to the Corvette's nose.

Anonymous

I just put a piece of paper on the wall with a mark on it indicating how far back I need to back in. An another piece, different color paper with a pull in mark...fast and easy to put up for parking help.

Consumer Advice Cars Helpful HintsAugust 19, 2011
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf81602103.tip.html