Netscape Won't Load Anymore

I use Netscape as my browser and today it loaded fine earlier in the day, but when I tried to load it a second time it won't load, in fact there's absolutely no response when I click on the icon. I know that Netscape is not the best browser these days, but all of my bookmarks I've saved up throughout the years are on there. I tried downloading a newer version of Netscape but it won't load either. Please help!

You might try right clicking on icon and select 'safe mode'. Have you run a good spyware program? Also, you might want to do a system restore to an earlier date. Hope it loads for you soon!

I forgot to add try firefox or IE, your bookmarks should show up there also.

Did you try re-booting the computer?

If a reboot does not work, you may have to use the system restore to a previous time when Netscape did work. When you do get it working, under the bookmarks menu you will find an import/export link. Export your favorites as a file in your documents as a back up for future use.

If you install Flock, Firefox or another browser it should ask if you want to import your bookmarks from Netscape.

I'm the gal who posted the question: Yes, re-booting was the very first thing I did & this didn't help. Secondly I did try what LartryD suggested, I tried to Restore the computer to 1 week before & then 2 days before & the computer said "there were no changes made to it & it couldn't be restored". I also downloaded a slightly newer version of Netscape & this also would NOT load.

I am now downloading Firefox to use as my browser. If I can't ever get into my Netscape, can I still get the bookmarks from it? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is a problem that goes beyond simply rebooting the PC. The ideal solution would be to uninstall your older Netscape completely, THEN install the new version of Netscape.

But, as you know, you'd lose your bookmarks in the process. So we've gotta save those, first.

Do you have Internet Explorer installed? If so, just open IE, and follow the instructions for importing bookmarks. If you have a newer PC with IE version 7, here's how you do it:

http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/Iexplorer/ie7guide.html#importbookmark

If you're using an older version of IE, this page will help:

http://help.allegheny.edu/tutorials/bookmarks2favorites.php

Now your bookmarks are saved, and you can deal with getting Netscape working, before re-importing your bookmarks BACK to Netscape! :-)

Once your bookmarks are safe, uninstall Netscape. Then install the new version. If you're still having problems, here are some other sites that might help--if nothing else, you can join the forum and ask questions there.

Here's a Windows help forum:

http://www.windowsbbs.com/firefox-t ... -easier-fix-netscape-wont-start.html

Here's a Netscape help forum:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx ... v=messages&webtag=ws-nscpbrowser

(Tip: Post with a subject like "Netscape won't start". Help forum users hate it when people just post something like "Help!", that gives no details about the problem.)

I hope you'll be able to find a solution! And remember, in the future, BACK UP your bookmarks by exporting them to a file. (Your Netscape Help file will tell you how.)

Good luck!

I'm SO thrilled! I downloaded Firefox & got ALL of my Netscape bookmarks back! PLUS, I really like Firefox & it's much safer too.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Computer Browser
Troubleshooting Computer Software
Computers TroubleshootingDecember 9, 2008
view down into top load washer during wash cycle
Cleaning a Top Load Washing Machine
A man having trouble with his computer.
Troubleshooting Computer Problems
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄