Painting the Inside of Kitchen Cupboards

The inside of the kitchen cupboards, like the shelves, have been marked over the years by canned goods, etc. My wife would like to paint them. Would you suggest Melamine paint or another product?

Thank you.

By Piper242 from Newcastle, Ontario

If the cabinets and their insides are Melamine painted now, I would think it would be best to redo with the same paint. You may have to do two or more coats to cover can marks though. One way I use to prevent some of the marking that u are trying to cover is by using inexpensive self-adhesive paper on the roll. I didn't take the backing of the MacTac I use for mine, just cut to fit and slide in. It works great or if you want, cut a small edge of the backing paper away and use the self stick to hold the paper in place.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenMarch 20, 2011
Old Kitchen Cabinet
Uses for Old Kitchen Cabinets
A cat in a kitchen cabinet.
Keeping Pets Out of Cupboards
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Kitchen with light colored cabinets.
Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Color