Plant Recommendations for a Hot Sunny Entryway

I have a small entryway that has full length windows on the front, facing the afternoon sun. Does anyone know of plants that could tolerate the extreme heat that the entryway gets? There are two small windows that open, but the heat build up is still very great. Thank you.

By Carly K from MN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would use petunias. If you snap out the dead ones when they wilt the plant will explode and be quite colorful and fill up a container in no time. I live in the country without any windblock and I use petunias also for that reason.

Thank you for the suggestions! I like petunias, they're so colorful and available in such beautiful varieties.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 28, 2010
Organizing Your Home's Entryway
Organizing Your Home's Entryway
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:48:30 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.