Organizing Your Home's Entryway

The entryway to your home can unfortunately become a dumping ground for clutter as family members come inside. This is a guide about organizing your home's entryway.

Like many people, our entryway was cluttered and nothing really had a place to be put away, while still being accessible. We have dogs so one of the big issues was storing their leashes and bags for picking up after them. We also needed a place for keys, wallets, etc.

So after looking around at Ikea I found some inexpensive items to help get our clutter under control. For $11 I was able to create a space next to our door for everything.

Items I purchased:

While organizing my front entryway, I realized I needed places for junk mail which I recycle, bills, and items to be shredded. I hung some attractive straw purses on my coat rack with labels for each.

We have a smallish entryway and a largish family! :) It has a closet as well, but it is very small. We have loads of shoes, coats, and winter gear when cold. I have 1 over the door shoe holder on the inside of the closet door, but it's not nearly enough.

Please help me make sense out of the clutter. I don't mind re-purposing or craft projects. I just don't know what to do with it all. Help!

By melissa

Answers

Remove all non seasonal items and store them elsewhere.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My brother made this bench for his entryway. He calls it a Mexican bench because it is so colorful. It is made of fir and poplar. It took him a week on and off to make.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6