Soaking Clothing in a Front Loading Washer

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to soak clothes in a front loading washing machine. My new husband has one - and I sure miss my top loading machine. I'd like to be able to soak my whites. Thanks!

Melanie from Minnesota

I have not found a good way to do this with my fron loading machine. I just keep a 5 gallong pail handy and use that when I need to soak something. Not the best solution but it works. I love my front loading washer and wouldn't give it up.

i have found myself using the prewash cycle. it isnt still but at least it is something.

You know what? A front-loader cleans clothes so well that you usually don't need a pre-soak anyway. I use a pre-wash when needed but basically use only detergent and Oxyclean. I always have a spotless wash. You are so lucky to have a front-loader! Everyone should have one! I learned this back in the sixties. I've tried to stick with front-loaders ever since.

I wait until the washer has finished filling and then just turn it off. When I'm ready to finish the load - turn it back on.

Annie (or anyone else),

Do you add the additional items (such as Oxyclean, borax, whatever) in the detergent slot of the machine then?

I have found that I don;t need to soak. I use the white cycle and my 3-yrd-old's socks come out like brand new. I use a bleach or oxyclean also. It took getting used to a front loader but I'll never go back to a top loader

I agree with Melanie; I miss my top loading washer. Clothes that have been stored for a long time, or taken over by the cat, etc. need to be soaked. Using a pail - which I do - doesn't seem like something I should need to do in 2007. Sometimes I want to add something for the last 2 min. of a cycle & can't. Also I don't notice that my clothes are any cleaner so I use Oxyclean. But if you use Oxyc with your detergent, don't you have to use a powder detergent? Anyother comments or suggestions would be welcome.

I miss my top loader. With all the extra water it uses, I feel the clothing is cleaner. Sometimes I forget to empty my kids pockets in the front loader, the finish product is quite messy because there is so little water to flush the tissue paper away.

Pooh! all the "I'm happy" posts are from 2006, the front loaders do not get clothes clean, unless you pre-treat like crazy, bunck! the top loader got simple things like salad dressing out, not the front loaders.

I just let my washer run about 5 to 10 minutes and pause for how ever long I want to soak the load. Then I turn the washer back on and let it run through the cycle.

Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 31, 2006
Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎄