Air Purifier Reviews

I am looking for a good air purifier for my home, and all I have read is very confusing about which brands are good and which don't really work. Does anyone have one that they like? There's a smoker in my home, and I really need one (or 2).

Thanks!
Mary from Marengo, IL

I don't have smokers at my house, however, I have several big Sharper Image Ionic Breeze air purifiers. They are expensive. To clean every week, just remove & wipe off w/damp washrag & while it's out shake the Ionic up & down several times. Put it back together & set it on high for another week. It helps my allergies. Hope this helps. Sign up at Sharper Image's website for their catalog and you can get coupons for savings from them.

I have two Honeywell 1700's, an so far they do a pretty good job!!! they have permanent filters, and Walmart sells them! Good luck to u!!! I have really bad allergies!

January 28, 2012 Flag

Has any one ever used either product and what did you think of them? Are they a good product? Are they worth the money? Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

By J Oliver

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love, love, love my Dr. Hos! I use it quite regularly. And it does a great job. I would definitely recommend it. :o) I wouldn't know about the air purifier as of yet. But that will be our next purchase.

As for the air purifier, from reviews Oreck isn't very good, although I did buy his vacuum and like that. I was in desperate need of air purification because I smoke and now have a cat and the smell when he cleans himself is nasty, I'd rather smell smoke. Anyway, get reviews and explanations of how the purifiers work first. That's what I did so I'd understand what I needed. I now have the Alen T300, $300-$400, which I found on Craig's list for $100 and the two filters came with it. What a deal! I use it in my bedroom & recommend it. If you get tired of doing the comparisons, just go to Craig's list, find one and check that one out. The best ones include: HEPA, a UV light, Negative Ionizer and Carbon filters.

Here's one review site:

http://www.air-purifier-ratings.org/?gclid=CIXuu5y8ra4CFcjc4AoddCurSg

Here's the Alen 300:

http://www.air-purifiers-america.co ... amp;gclid=CL7cwf7Bra4CFULe4AodexlqQw

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningJanuary 9, 2007
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Air Filter
Cleaning an Air Purifier Filter
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎄