Cooking Oil Spray for Wasps in Kitchen

I was in the kitchen and saw a wasp flying around. I didn't want to spray bug killer in the house so I took a can of generic cooking spray, and sprayed the bug when it landed on the window. It fell to the floor and I could step on it and get rid of it. The oil coats the wings and they can not longer fly.

By Yarnlady from PA

Hair spray works great to just spray and they fall to the floor.

Why not use a fly swatter. I would think cooking spray would leave a grease mark and then you have a window to clean or wherever you spray, grease to clean up. I would think this would be especially dangerous if the cooking spray gets on the floor then you have a slippery spot which may cause a bad fall. I'm sorry, but I just don't think this is a very good idea.

Sorry but ditto with chef4u plus you've wasted cooking oil :-( If you don't have a fly swatter just do the old fashioned twist a dish towel and snap/flick them with it.

Air freshener spray works, too, and smells nice besides! Since I'm visually impaired and hubby's vision is getting poor due to cataracts, sometimes the air freshener works better than the fly swatter.

uses for cooking oil
Uses for Cooking Spray
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsJuly 23, 2009
Wasp on Vespiary
Getting Rid of Wasps
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
🎉
🎄