Planting Easter Lilies

I've been given three Lilies for Easter. Once they die back, can I plant them in my yard? How do I go about it? Will they survive and come up again? Would really appreciate some information to keep them going.

Kay from Clyde, TX

I was given 6 Easter Lilies plants from my church after the Easter season. I was told that if I cut off all but 3 inches from the bottom and throw them into the ground that they should bloom again in August. Then yearly afterwards. I'll try it and see. Maybe now that this plant is no longer popular, you can check your nursery and see what kind of deal you can make and do the same as I am. (I was also told this works for tulips too.)

By LRP from LWL, MA

Answers:

RE: Planting Easter Lilies

Probably morning sun only. (05/09/2007)

By cookwie

RE: Planting Easter Lilies

The Easter Lilies plant is best if you dry it completely. Then plant in ground and yes, you will have lilies for years to come. They multiply fast. I always try to get flowers from church also after Easter. (05/10/2007)

By Maggie

You will find lots of helpful information in this article:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19097357.tip.html

Easter Lilies
Caring for Potted Easter Lilies
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 2, 2008
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Easter Gift Ideas
🎉
🎄