Ideas for an Olympics Party

I want to host an Olympics party in the summer; what zany, funny, easy "competitions" could I have that would appeal to kids and adults of various ages? And where can I get downloads of "medals" that I could laminate put on neck ribbons? Thanks for all any help you can offer!

Casey from Plano, TX

I used to work in a nursing home and we did things like this fairly often as ways to make money for the Heart Asc. or other good causes.

One such time we took donuts, attached them to string and hung them from the ceiling. We had groups of 4 and the group that ate the whole donut first "won". Of course the trick is to NOT use your hands to help steady the donut. Anyone that was "caught" using their hands, were disqualified. This could be done as a boys against the girls, men vs. women, or same age teams.

For little ones, you could have Big Wheel races---set up a course in an empty lot and have one at a time, drive the course. The one(s) that do not knock any devices down, wins the medal. (in the nursing home, we used wheel chairs of course)

And don't foeget the water balloon toss--that's always fun, especially for the men.

A fun game we play at my family reunion is a Rolling Pin toss for the ladies. We draw a stick-like figure of a man and stick it in the groud many feet from the starting point. The idea is to toss the rolling pin and hit the "man" with it. The one that hits the man or comes closest, wins!

Don't know if this is the type of games you had in mind, but I do know they are always fun and full of laughs, too!

Sorry, I forgot to add----you may be able to go to www.freegifs.com. This site has many gifs that you can "snag". Maybe your local everything for a dollar store has something useful, too, that can be used.

I'm found a free party guide on http://www.high … ncessparty.html. I'm sure you can adapt some of the games to suit your theme.