Removing Chewing Gum From Shoes

My husband had chewing gum on a pair of his nice dress shoes. I suggested he try rubbing ice on the gum-it didn't work. Then I thought about using peanut butter. It worked! He rubbed the peanut butter on the gum, then with a paper towel continued to rub gently and the gum came off with the peanut butter!

By Ann from Dublin, GA

I have used peanut butter for years. My daughter had very long hair and went to sleep with chewing gum in her mouth Well you know where the gum went. Though I was going to have cut her, my grandmother told me rub peanutbutter in it good then shampoo. I though she was losing it but it worked like a charm. Also used it on the leg around the hem of a pair of white slacks again worked great. Old folks do sometimes know best!

Incredible! The peanut butter worked beautifully! How clever. tks

To get gum off of your clothes or shoes take a tooth brush, dip it in hot vinegar and scrub the gum. Works beautifully!

Put them in a plastic bag in the freezer. After the gum has frozen, chip it off.

Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum From Shoes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesSeptember 9, 2006
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum