Keeping Grass from Growing in Mulch

How do I kill grass that is growing in my mulch? I have a weed mat underneath the mulch, however the grass seems to be growing in the mulch. Although the weed mat is helping cut down on the grass growth, if I don't pull the grass up daily it becomes overwhelming! What should I do?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By alipher24 from Limerick, ME

You may need to make the mulch deeper and/or use some herbicide on the grass.

One gallon Vinegar (Walmart-$1.58), 1 cup salt ($.58), and a healthy squirt of Lemon Joy dish detergent. Mix in watering can and sprinkle on area to kill the grass/weeds overnight. Reapply every 4-6 weeks. Won't hurt any animals. I do this to my dogs' pen monthly to keep anything from growing there.

Roundup, and you can also buy pre-emergent weed and grass hebricides at any home supply store. One brand is Triox

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 10, 2009
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Replacing Grass With Mulch
Replacing Grass With Mulch
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
wagon of mulch
When to Avoid Using Mulch
🎄