Shine Cookware Handles With Oil

This idea/tip is to make the handles of your cookware look new again. I KNOW that most cookware makers stress NOT to put your cookware in the dishwasher. BUT, when women are working outside the home, every minute counts when getting the dishes/pots done in the kitchen. Thankfully, I am no longer working outside the home. I can focus on looking for new ideas and ways to keep our home bright and shiny with the least amount of effort.

When straightening out the cabinet that holds my cookware several months ago, I saw some really UGLY handles. I decided to try Baby Oil since it is just mineral oil and gentle to babies. I got the unscented kind. Yep, for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. I have used both Q-tips and cotton balls (if I have more that one or two to do). THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX! But it will keep them looking shiny through several washes if you wash them by hand. It surely beats them looking so UGLY!

I just keep the Baby Oil under my kitchen sink and grab a Q-tip from the bathroom when I see one that needs to be re-shined. It only takes very little and I polish off the excess with a piece of paper towel or napkin. I make sure that no Baby Oil gets on any other surface BUT the handles. I felt that this would be the least harmful thing I could use. See the before and after photo. Yes, that was one of my UGLY handles from several months ago. Doesn't it look better?

I almost forgot to tell you that shining them has kept them from NOT returning to their previous UGLY state. I make sure that they look nice and shiny. LOL

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Does the oil transfer onto your hands?

No, I don't get any oil on my hands. I rub in the oil as thoroughly as possible. I get any excess off with a cleaning cloth, paper towel, or napkin. I then wash the handle and the pot with my regular dish soap to make sure no oil has gotten inside the pot.

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Photos CleaningMay 22, 2009
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎉
🎄