Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Cheap Ways To Display Pictures

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I have a few pictures that I want to put up in my bedroom. Don't have money to buy frames. How else can I mount it? Maybe glue it onto a board?

Any suggestions please.

Susan from Durban, South Africa

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Missouri (USA) Friend (Guest Post) 07/04/2007 Flag

One way is to have a little fun by covering a piece of cardboard or styrofoam borad with fabric and criss cross that with ribbon, Simply slide pictures behinf=d the ribbon for an interesting collage.

Have Fun!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jenn 3 07/04/2007 Flag

If you have some ribbon or twine you can either hang the photos (tie and bow) or paper clips.. If you have time you can weave the ribbon and insert the corners of the photos into the weave..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

07/05/2007 Flag

Buy an inexpensive poster frame and make a collage of pictures; place pictures randomly around the frame; use double-sided tape to attach pictures. Be creative and you could put captions under the pictures to describe the picture.

Most poster frames are black but you could paint it or use a small brush or a q-tip and make dots on the frame or paint the entire frame the desired color.

Another suggestion; buy some corkboard and cover a door; attach the pictures with colorful thumbtacks; also, add captions to the pictures.

Remember; always document on the back of your picture the name of the person, date and occasion of picture!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dianna 5 07/05/2007 Flag

If you really want frames, you can find a surprising selection at dollar stores. You just have to pick through them to find something tasteful. And don't expect them to last forever.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By AlohaMama (Guest Post) 07/07/2007 Flag

I recently repainted my daughters' room and after all the time filling holes I said "No more!", but the kids still needed a way to display their art, personal photos and such. My solution was to get inexpensive narrow cotton clothesline and hang 2 "lines" across the entire wall. Then I got cheap clothespins and hotglued silk colorful flowers on them. Now the kids just hang their pictures up on the line and it looks really cute. It is easy for them to do, holds a lot of stuff and only makes 4 small holes to hold up the lines.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 07/10/2007 Flag

Second hand stores have impressive frames at giveaway prices. Consider spray painting one, maybe silver?
Hello to Durban, I was there two years ago near the University, very wonderful trip! So many things in bloom, and my mind was blown learning about mature Aloes. We went to the animal sale at the big animal reserve park, stayed in the Drakensbergs, and I've had my toe in three oceans now! thanks for the memories. I can smell the Frangipani trees.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sheila Saey 8 141 07/11/2007 Flag

I found this really cute idea on a crafting group I belong to...thought it might give you a new idea!
http://www.annamariahorner.com/archive001.html

God Bless,
Sheila in Titusville, FL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sheila Saey 8 141 07/11/2007 Flag

God Bless,
Sheila in Titusville, FL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gena C. Moore 1 14 11/17/2007 Flag

1-- You can take old puzzles pieces and paint them with craft paint in colors that will compliment the photo. I did black with white dots. Once paint is dry, glue the pieces together to form the frame. You can stack them on top of each other and make about 3 layers or you can stack them askew to be more abstract.
2-- Use an old or inexpensive plate, cut photo to fit the center and glue or used double sided tape to hold in place.
(you can find a wide variety of shapes, colors and sizes for almost nothing at thrift stores.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By pam munro 522 790 11/17/2007 Flag

When I was in high school - I had a cork bulletin board on which I put my pictures. If they are not photos, you could put them on scraps of wood or pieces of cardboard and decoupage them with a solution of white glue thinned down with water. Or you can get acrylic sheets used for overheads, and use that for "glass" and mount the pix on a piece of cardboard....

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Julie 48 564 11/17/2007 Flag

How about this method using clothes pins on your curtain rod? You could decorate your clothes pins to match your room and just over lap your photos maybe even with corners pointing upward like triangle shape.
http://www.craftsayings.com/project ... _dec/clothespin_curtains/index.shtml

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes