Repairing Formica Furniture

I have an older cabinet with formica top from 50' 60's Is there places you can get these items repaired? I live on the border to Detroit. Also, it has some sort of rubberized trim that is made to look like wood and it is all scratched. Teach me to try to drive my convertible with a cabinet in the back seat... it snapped off and the shelves hit the road, luckily no one was hurt. This is the good side, the other side is scratched and I would like to fix it. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Laura-Lee from Ontario, Canada

I know that Wal Mart, Home Depot, and Lowes sell a "paint marker"or a "wood stain" that comes in all different wood colors. Maybe you can get one to match the color and just fill in the scratches. I did this with a table I got from a yard sale, and also touched up most of my wood furniture this way.

That certainly looks like a "Custom furniture" piece, not necessarily from the 50-60's, but it look interesting enough I'd date it to the 50's. Having it

refinished or resurfaced is VERY expensive, IF anyone would tackle it and IF you can find the same kind of formica anymore. I'd go to the Formica website, if one exists and discuss it with them. They

may not do the work, but may be able to offer you the very best suggestions about what to do, how much you might pay to have it done, and if there is anyone in your area. Good luck and God bless and help you. : )

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureJune 17, 2007
Cleaning
Cleaning Formica
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
🎉
🎄