Alternative Scents for Rainbow Vacuum

Does anyone know of any alternatives that can be used instead of the regular scents that you put into your rainbow vacuum cleaner? I don't have any stores near me that sell them and don't want to buy them online without being able to smell them first. I thought about putting liquid potpourri in it but I don't know if that would work and how much I should use? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Tiffany

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My husband is a huge fan of our rainbow vac. (It's his big chore, and always looks for ways to make it more fun) He buys herbal extracts from the grocery store (Whole Foods would have tons) like peppermint, vanilla, eucalyptus, etc. He says it only takes two to three drops from an eyedropper to really work well. He said your idea of liquid potpourri would work fine, too. Just don't add too much right off the bat, because wow, it can really fill the house. Good luck!

I ordered an off brand on line and it created a lot of foam and stopped my rain mate up. Used a toothpick to clean it.

In the water chamber, when you add the fresh water, add a few drops of essential oil of your choice.

Wal-Mart sells these oils for 2 or 3 dollars, and one container will last for several uses.

I worked for a local resort and vacuuming was one of my chores, and this is the method they used.

You definitely should not be using essential oils from Walmart they are synthetics!!

can you use popouri oils safely in rainbow vacumn cleaner

For years I have used 1/4 cup of my favorite fabric softener in the rainbow as a scent. It is fantastic and doesn't cause suds!

Hi I used to work for Rainbow and using any oils/fragrances not approved by rexair voids your warranty and can also cause build up around you motor. Check out Airtechsystems.net they have the ;largest selection and they smell great also they are safe to use in your machine. Enjoy!

I have also used fabric softener and have never had a problem. Plus, I always have it on hand.

Such a great idea ! This is such a clean smell too.

I also used to work for Rainbow. Basically when you take your machine in for repair they can say anything they want to void your warranty; your separator wasn't cleaned, you used a non approved fragrance, etc.

That is so funny!

My wife and I have had our Rainbow for about 15 years and still love it! We use the Rainbow oils most of the time, but if we run out, we've found that fresh Orange, Lemon or Tangerine peels added to the water will also give a good fresh Citrus smell. And the natural Citrus oils are light enough to add freshness without clogging the system as much as a heavier oil might. Twisting, crushing or tearing the peels before adding, also helps to release more of the Citrus oils/fragrance into the water.

please answer the question below

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 24, 2008
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
tissue paper rainbow rose
Rainbow Dinner Decoration Ideas
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Purple Rainbow Tea
Purple Rainbow Tea Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:35:59 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.