Supper Casserole

• 3/4 cup uncooked rice
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 2 cans tomato sauce (8oz. each)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • Ad
  • 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
  • 3/4 lb. ground beef
  • 4 slices bacon, cut into halves

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour rice into bottom of a 2 qt. casserole. Cover with corn and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Combine tomato sauce and water; pour half of the mixture over corn. Sprinkle with onion and green pepper. Drop in spoonfuls of the ground beef. Sprinkle with rest of salt and pepper. Pour on remaining tomato sauce mixture. Arrange bacon over top. Bake, covered, 1 hour; remove cover and bake 30 minutes longer.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Hi Robin - So happy to see this recipe. At least 45 years ago my dad found this in a magazine - it was called 7 layer casserole. He cooked it all the time (it was the only thing that he cooked that I would eat, but I was quite young then!!). I had lost the recipe and am so happy to have it again. Thank you so much. Also I have a question for you - do you try out all the recipes that you submit? Thanks again - Sheri

No she doesn't try out her recipes before hand, but does submit several good ones.

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJanuary 7, 2008
Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
Latke for Hanukkah
Hanukkah Recipes
grilled chicken skewers
Chicken Recipes
Groom's Dinner Ideas
Groom's Dinner Ideas