Prepackaged Sweet Roll Icing Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for that thick icing on packaged store bought sweet rolls? It's kind of gummy, not hard, not sugary like cake icing, not drippy like a syrup. I've tried many recipes for icing for my cinnamon rolls, but none are what I'm looking for. My husband loves that particular icing and I've never been able to find a recipe like what he wants. Thanks for your help.

By Susan from Omaha

Sorry it isn't a recipe but one grocery store bakery here sells decent cinnamon rolls but the frosting is to die for. My mom asked them about it once and it was a blend of buttercream icing and cream cheese frosting. And I don't like cream cheese frosting usually. It was just enough in there to make you take notice that it was special without that cream cheese tang and slimeyness. It wasn't overly sweet. And it was thick. I dont know about gummy though.

3 cups powdered sugar

3 tbsp milk

1 tsp vanilla

Stir ingredients together until smooth.

I don't have the specific recipe but from what you are describing it sounds a lot like Betty Crocker vanilla frosting which here in Europe we buy ready made in a plastic tub. Its absolutely brilliant! I frosted my xmas cake with it and the frosting was more popular than the cake!

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat Baked GoodsJanuary 30, 2010
Royal Icing Recipes
Royal Icing Recipes
Making Frosting
Making Frosting
Grandmother and Granddaughter Icing a Cake
Making Icing
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix