Two Ingredient Cake Icing Recipe

Make a simple, delicious icing using only confectioners' sugar and eggs. This page contains a two ingredient cake icing recipe.

We were taught to make a simple icing way back in high school. I forgot how to actually make it and I forgot some of the ingredients but I tried to make one with only two ingredients that I can remember. It still tastes very good and the best thing is that it doesn't cost much. And the consistency is still achieved. Here's how I made it.

• 1 large egg (only the egg white)
  • 2 cups confectioners sugar (sifted)

1. Separate the egg yolk and the egg white. We are only going to use the egg white for the icing. You can add the yolk to your cake if you wish.
  2. Ad

3. Whisk the egg until foamy and stiff. You can use electric mixer to work faster.
  4. Gradually add the confectioners sugar to the whipped egg. Take note that the sugar must be sifted to be able to create a good result.
  5. Continue whisking until consistency is achieved. If it comes out too runny, add a little more sugar.
  6. You can now add a drop of food coloring only if wish to add color to your icing. Continue whisking until well combined.
  7. Start decorating your cake.