Drying Bar Soap

What is the best way to dry bar soap to make it last longer?

Bernie

Best Answer

I had a plastic soap dish that would collect water and give me mush soap... one day I got the bright idea to drill a few holes in it. Now the water drains, the soap dries and isn't mushy and it last much, much longer.

Best Answer

One way to make bar soap last longer is also very decorative. You can paste a picture on flat side of a bar. Then just dip that side in and out of melted parafin for a thin layer. This way you are only using the soap from one side, and it lasts longer. These are nice favors to make for little gifts. Kids can easily make them.

Unwrap soap bars which makes hardens the soap, therefore lasts longer. Makes the bathroom smell good as well!

I like to always keep some soap in a hanging basket in the bathroom. It helps it to dry out and get harder, and it scents the room at the same time. After starting to use soap, it just needs to be elevated to let the air circulate. I use a mesh pocket to use up slivers of soap, and just keep any bars which are well on their way to being used up (but are not yet slivers) on top of that mesh pocket. Then I can choose what I want to use when I wash my hands- the bar or the mesh to give a better scrubbing! Hope this helps.

I unwrap my toilet soap (Palmolive) and keep it in a basket in my wardrobe to dry out. My Sunlight soap, for cleaning, I unwrap and put in my kitchen window in summer. My kitchen window gets afternoon sun, very hot, so the soap dries out quickly. When I buy new soap, I put it under the "old" soap, so that the driest soap will be used first.

I unwrap the soap bar and put it on a bathroom shelf for a few weeks.

Use the plastic gadgets ( both sides with rigid teeth) that are made to put under legs of furniture (to prevent dents in rugs). Place 1 or, if needed 2 in soap dish and set soap on top. They used to manufacture/sell a similar device just for that purpose, but repeated unsuccessful searches for them resulted in using these, found in Dollar stores etc.

Washing hands with Bar Soap
Making Bar Soap Last Longer
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceOctober 8, 2007
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄