Use Your Answering Machine for New Baby Info

With a new baby, you can spend a lot of time fielding calls from family members when you would rather just be relaxing. One thing you can do is leave a message on your answering machine giving the baby's name, weight, gender, and it's date and time of birth. Ask people to leave a message so you can call them back at a later date. That way you can rest and they can get the information they want about your new arrival.

I'm sure I'll get feedback on this but I myself would be leary about giving out any info about my family on an answering machine where anyone could obtain it. I wouldn't want complete strangers having this info.

A woman in Mo. was attacted and her baby taken from her in her own home. A stork in the front yard welcoming the baby's arrival tipped off the woman that stole the baby. In todays world we can not be too careful. I do not believe the answering machine info is a good idea.

Don't do this, you could be setting your child up for identity theft in it's future and be setting yourself up for someone to take your child.

Zig

By anyone? What do you mean? Anyone that calls you, right? That's not anyone, just anyone that calls you. Kids are in year books with their pictures. If they play sports, they may even be in papers. Pictures, names, if you buy diapers, someone can follow you home and take your baby if they want to. You can't hide the fact that you have kids, you can't hide their names, you have to think of other ways to protect them, IMO.

(sent by email)

What if the person calling is a calling the wrong number and they write down all the info of the baby? That is opening the baby and parents of the child to identity theft and should not be done.

By Zig

I rarely get calls from anyone but my friends and family because I have an unlisted number. We thought this would be a good idea, at least for the first couple of days. Lots of phone calls can be pretty draining in the first couple of days after you get home with a baby. If you get lots of calls from people you don't know, this might not be the best idea.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Parenting Baby OrganizationDecember 12, 2006
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄