Trash Bag Bird Bath

I like to put a trash bag, folded in half or to whatever size I want it and held down by rocks out in the garden and then when it rains, the water puddles and makes a great bird bath. They appear to just love it. You can use recycled plastic or garbage bags for it. They enjoy taking a bath so much in the summer.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

I love the way you care about wildlife! But my cat would have a hay-day with these birds hopping around & bathing on the ground! In fact, just last week, he brought 2 of them into our kitchen. Thankfully unharmed, but we had the hardest time getting them safely out of the house as they flew around our living space! This makes 6 birds in the past 3 years (along with one snake (which we couldn't find, it's still somewhere in the house!) one baby mole, 7 mice & 9 rabbits. Thankfully, most of them were unharmed & just brought into our home to say "look at what I can do".

Also, my mother is always telling me how in Texas they are always posting warnings about birdbaths & changing the water daily, because of mosquitoes & west Nile virus. Your idea seems like it would solve this problem because the water would evaporate before the 2 days it takes for mosquitoes to hatch. Thank You!

I like this idea. Thanks for posting. Do you dig a little hollow first before you lay the plastic down? Seems like that would give it a bit of stability and a bit of depth. I do something similar by putting large rocks in the garden that have natural hollows on top where water can collect. Love watching the birds finding these secret baths.

Homemade Birdbath Ideas
Homemade Birdbath Ideas
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJuly 16, 2009
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Finished birdbath.
Flower Pot Bird Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄