How Do I Make Fringe from Old Jeans?

I am looking for how to make fringe out of old blue jeans.

By sewin granny from NE

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If it were me I would cut the jean leg the length & width I wanted it & fold it over lengthwise to make cutting faster & cut strips from the bottom up to a pre-marked line on the backside.Use a yardstick to make the line in ink at the top.When you cut,that's where you should stop.

Then cut with sharp scissors up to the line only. Folded you will cut at least 2 thicknesses or possibly 3 or 4 depending on how you fold it or cut every piece singly which could take a while. You could even mark the cut lines on the back if you wanted to. I would cut the fringe 1/2 an inch thick at least but that's up to you.

Be sure to stay stitch around the top of the fringe.

Crafts Using Old Jeans, Stack of jeans to use for crafts.
Crafts Using Old Jeans
Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 14, 2010
Denim pocket attached to a notebook.
Jean Pocket Crafts
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:33:39 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.