Adding Sugar To Powdered Drinks

When making powdered drinks where you have to add your own sugar; take the sugar and some of the water and heat on stove or in microwave until the sugar dissolves. Finish as usual.

Source: My mom did this so I must give credit to her.

By Rosemary from Ludlow Falls, Ohio

We make Kool-Aid gallon at a time. I always put the sugar & Kool-Aid in the pitcher & add in enough warm/hot water to dissolve it all first & then finish with cold water.

I do something similar. I just add the sugar and mix then add a cup or two of hot water from the tap to melt the sugar. Once melted I add cold water up to the recommended amount.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 21, 2008
A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar