Removing Hairspray from a Mirror

This hair product can easily end up on surfaces in your bathroom. This guide is about removing hairspray from a mirror.

February 7, 2011 Flag

How do I remove hairspray from mirrors?

By Chrissy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try using Dissolve AP cleaner. You can find it in Sally's or any beauty supply house. Make sure you don't confuse it with Fuller's Dissolve, this is NOT the same thing (I've made the mistake once). It works unbelieveable at getting the hairspray up off any surface, not just mirrors. The company that makes it is Agility Group, you can purchase it online too...

Best Answer

My mirror was pretty bad with hair spray but with a good rub of alcohol it come off completely. 25/01/08

Best Answer

Magic erasers!

Best Answer

Mix baking soda and warm water in a spritz bottle and clean your mirrors, counters or floors. Told to me by my hair dresser. Good luck I personally know it does work!

Isopropyl alcohol (works the quickest) or a baking soda solution and then wash with distilled vinegar for a streak free shine. I was a hairstylist for 35 years and either works like a charm. ;-)

Rubbing alcohol will take it right off! Pour some on a paper towel & rub it directly on the hairspray. Melts it right off!

What gets the hairspray out of your hair? Shampoo of course! Just dab a little bit of shampoo on a wet paper towel, rub it on the mirror then rinse it off and buff it up.

September 3, 2014 Flag

young man using hairspray in front of mirror

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning hairspray off bathroom surfaces. Hairspray is great for keeping your hair in place. However, it is very sticky and can be difficult to remove from surfaces it lands on.

February 7, 2011 Flag

I am trying to get hairspray off of mirrors. I've tried alcohol, hot water, and Magic Eraser. Some of these things work sometimes, but not all the time. Any other ideas that will definitely work? I desperately need help please.

Thanks a bunch.

By SR from TX

Answers:

Removing Hairspray from a Bathroom Mirror

Try acetone or nail polish remover. Put some on a cotton ball and hold onto the hair spray spots for a few seconds then rub away. I once got super glue on a glass plate and used this technique to get it off and it worked. Good luck! (04/21/2010)

By abrupt_silence

Try straight ammonia (it also works for nicotine and smoke damage after a fire). But my all time favorite cleaner (for practically everything really stubborn) is the Dollar Store equivalent of "Scrubbing Bubbles" (a bathroom spray-cleaner in an aerosol can). It cleans most anything! In fact, when my oil furnace exploded years ago, it's the only thing that would clean up that nasty, oily soot)! Also, I've had Dollar Store employees tell me that contractors will come in and purchase "Awesome" by the case, because it removes tar from carpeting! Another idea: fingernail polish remover, it's gotta work! (there are 2 kinds, one for artificial nails and regular, which is stronger). You must be using some heavy duty hairspray! (04/21/2010)

By Cyinda

Hand sanitizer gel removes hairspray on mirrors instantly.

(04/22/2010)

By Monique63

Dawn puts out a product called Power Dissolver that will take anything off anything. I've even used it to take old dried on paint spots off items. Fantastic product! (04/22/2010)

By ptaggart

Dampen the mirror and use the old single-edge razor blade. You (or your hubby) probably has one in the tool box. (04/22/2010)

By Cajun62234

Use colored ink from a newspaper and warm water. Put on gloves, bunch up a couple sheets of colored newspaper and rub going down the mirror. Do not touch anything white like caulking or sheet rock. The ink will shine it also. From an old southern lady who does this often. I have four mirrors at my house and several at my camp. People always think I hire a cleaning company and it is just little ole me.

Jeannie (04/22/2010)

By JD60

Use window cleaner. Put it on thick, let it sit. Then keep reapplying. (Don't let it dry in between). It will get hairspray off of the mirror. Good luck! (04/25/2010)

By AngelLoveInOhio

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 21, 2010 Flag

How do I remove hair spray buildup from my bathroom mirror?

By greatmemaw20646 from La Plata, MD

Answers:

Try using rubbing alcohol on a rag. (10/04/2009)

By wolfbytez

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 3, 2009 Flag

How do you remove hairspray from a mirror?

Forogers

Answers:

Try using Dissolve AP cleaner. You can find it in Sally's or any beauty supply house. Make sure you don't confuse it with Fuller's Dissolve, this is not the same thing (I've made the mistake once). It works unbelievably well at getting the hairspray up off any surface, not just mirrors. The company that makes it is Agility Group, you can purchase it online, too. (05/16/2007)

By Cleaning Junkie

Windex and Magic eraser. I own a cleaning company and this works better than anything I've tried. It's easier too. (05/17/2007)

By Karen

My mirror was pretty bad with hair spray, but with a good rub of alcohol it come off completely. 25/01/08 (01/25/2008)

By Julia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 10, 2007 Flag

To clean the mirror in bathroom when it has hair spray on it, use warm water on a rag and wipe it good. Then use paper towels or a dry rag to dry it. This works GREAT!

By Sandra

Answers:

Cleaning Hairspray of a Bathroom Mirror

Rubbing alchohol works great also. (06/24/2004)

By Peggy

Cleaning Hairspray of a Bathroom Mirror

I recently saw a show where they coated a clean bathroom mirror with shaving cream, then wiped it off. It kept the mirror from fogging up, the next time the shower was used. Sounds like it might prevent the hairspray from sticking to it, too.
It's worth a try! (12/31/2004)

By FrugalFriend

Cleaning Hairspray off shower door

Rubbing alcohol worked better than anything we had tried. It was great and so easy! (07/01/2005)

By Barbara

Cleaning Hairspray of a Bathroom Mirror

To clean hairspray easily off a mirror, scrape the surface with a straight edged razer blade, then wipe clean. Unfortunately this will not work for any surface that will be damaged by the razer blade. (11/19/2006)

By Tracie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMay 2, 2013
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 7:37:15 AM on 10.0.2.128 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.