Tips to Lower Your Cholesterol

Last year at my yearly checkup my doctor said my cholesterol was was up and I was on the verge of needing medication. I was surprised since I usually eat a balanced and healthy diet. My main weakness is sweets, and love my pre bed time snack.

I decided to try Honey Nut Cheerios since it is advertised to lower cholesterol. I started having a bowl before bed to replace my snack. Still was sweet enough to satisfy that craving. Can't say I continued every night but maintained several times a week.

This year at check up my cholesterol had dropped 40 points. My doctor was pleased, as was I.

Nothing scientific to say it was the cheerios but is the only consistent thing I did. So who knows. Worked for me. Always check with your doctor if you have problems.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

My understanding is cholesterol is when something has a mother, like meats. So, if you cut down on meats, that will help to lower your cholesterol. Tryglicerides is when foods turn to sugar.

High Cholesterol With Tangerine
Lowering Your Cholesterol
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingApril 5, 2010
A woman cutting vegetables.
Reducing Fats When Cooking
Recipes Using Almonds
Woman Eating Strawberries
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Low Cholesterol Tofu Burgers
Low Cholesterol Recipes