Clorox Bottle Crafts - Categories:

Recycled CraftsCrafts

Clorox Bottle Crafts

How do I make Easter baskets from Clorox bottles?

By Dianna from Middleburg, FL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

After having learned what I have about bleach and non food plastics I find it's not a good idea to use bleach bottles for Easter baskets that will be holding food items and stuffed animals for children. Perhaps you could use gallon vinegar containers or water bottles instead? MCW's link is a really good start for 'how to' instructions.

I would use gallon milk containers instead of bleach bottles for safety reasons. As a daycare teacher that is what we have used in the past and they work out just as good.

March 29, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a pattern using a Clorox bottle cut in half, pink and red felt, white yarn and of course eyes.

By pgossage from Florence, SC

November 20, 2009 Flag

I am looking for crafts made out of Clorox bottles. I was told you could make a bird house the shape of a bear out of a Clorox bottle. I was wondering if anyone had the instructions on how to do this or any other crafts made out of Clorox bottles.

Kathleen from Sprakers, NY

Answers:

Clorox Bottle Crafts

Take the bottle, cut the bottom off. Cut a "fringe" around the remaining sides of the bottle. Cut all the way up the sides. Curl the fringes, if you'd like. Now, look at it from the top view. The handle is the bridge of the nose, the opening is the mouth and the fringe is the mane. You've just created an African inspired tribal mask. You could decoupage the entire bottle with animal prints tissue paper prior to cutting. Or just leave it plain, then paint it. Quick and easy craft for kids. (02/21/2009)

By sukimarie

Clorox Bottle Crafts

There are instructions on this site for a bleach bottle Santa door decoration. Search for "bleach bottle Santa". I made one for last Christmas and it turned out really cute. Nobody could believe the base was a bleach bottle.

Tracey in Jacksonville Fl (02/24/2009)

Editor's Note: Here is the Santa link on TF: thriftyfun.com

By TraceyI

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I don't want to make you feel bad, but it's really not a great idea to use bleach bottles for bird houses. No matter how well you rinse the bottles, they are pretty toxic. Chlorine is kind of nasty for most critters' early development, including humans, and birds. Use them for decorations, but not for housing baby animals, OK? (02/27/2009)

By leopardstripes

Clorox Bottle Crafts

I use bleach bottles for a couple of things.

1. Easter baskets---cut off top part (make great funnels for sand box). Cut off a one inch strip all the way around for handle. Punch holes on opposite sides of the remaining base and at each end of handle strip. Use two brass fasteners and attach handle. Decorate with stickers.

2. Cut the upright sides into strips, write names of plants on them and stick into ground or pot.

3. The remaining bottoms after using the sides for plant stakes can be used as saucers under your plants. (03/01/2009)

By Hill8628

Crafts Recycled CraftsMarch 29, 2011
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
spray bottle
Homemade "Clorox Cleanup" Recipes
Easter basket.
Homemade Easter Baskets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 11:34:15 AM on 10.0.0.159 in 655 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.