Cleaning Deep Fryer Baskets

How do I clean my deep fryer? The baskets have stuck on grease and I have scrubbed it with Brillo pads, but it still doesn't get clean.

By Charmaine from Hampton, VA

If the basket is stainless steel, take it outside and spray it with easy off. Let it soak about an hour and spray it off with the hose. You cannot do this with aluminum.

Engine cleaner. From a parts store. Follow directions on can. Either outside in your yard, or at a do-it yourself car wash.

Do you have a dishwasher? Try washing it off with hot water first to get most of the gunk off and then try washing it in the dishwasher. Unless it's really gunky then try the easy off suggestion and then try dishwasher. We run a concession stand and often have things like grates that are covered in grease. I wash them off to get most of the grease off and then put them through the dishwasher. Usually gets them pretty clean. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesAugust 3, 2010
Deep Frying
Deep Frying Tips and Tricks
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey