Lou's Meatloaf

This is another one of my late father's recipes. It's a different twist on meatloaf, as it's not the traditional tomato based one. The soup makes it really moist and flavorful.

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 package onion soup mix
  • 1 onion - chopped
  • 12-16 crackers - crushed
  • 1 egg
  • Ad
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can cream of celery soup

Directions

Combine ground beef, soup mix, onion, crackers, egg, pepper, and half the can of celery soup together. Shape into a meatloaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. Drain fat, then put the remaining 1/2 can of celery soup on the top, smoothing it around like frosting, to cover the entire top. Put back in oven and bake for another 15-30 minutes. The soup on the top should be a golden color, but be careful not to burn it.

By Deb from Mankato, MN

I make meatloaf pretty much the same way, but I use regular raw oatmeal instead of crackers. I also cook it in the microwave in a microwaveable bundt pan. I cover it with a plate or regular microwave cover and cook it on high for about 10 minutes, drain the grease off and if needed, microwave for additional 5 minute increments.

cooked meatloaf
Meatloaf Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatloafDecember 11, 2007
Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Grilled Meat Loaf
Grilled Meat Loaf Recipes
Meatloaf
Boston Market Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
🎉
🎄